Sunday, August 17, 2008

I Hate Having to Congratulate Others


I can't be the only one, can I? There must be something biologically wrong with me, or with the way I am wired, because as soon as someone (like a coworker, or casual acquaintance), has something fabulous happen to them, a small part of me dies forever. It feels as if it was something that I should have had...

It doesn't matter if its a new job, a new house, coming into money, getting some new material possession, it just deep down irks me. I smile cordially and say "congratulations", but I hardly ever actually mean it. I know it sounds harsh -- but it is my knee-jerk reaction.

I mean I know I am bitter. When I hear about others succeeding, I don't just want them to "not succeed", I want them to fail. Miserably.

That's normal, right?

No comments: